Thursday, May 26, 2011

ready to shoot

If I posted pictures today, it would be of a sink full of dirty dishes, a tractor covered in white clay dust, and a studio filled with 101 sewing projects in white tissue paper strewn in a semi-organized way across the floor.  I am in the throes of preparing for this book to be photographed.  I was also hired to style the book, thank goodness, so I am organizing outfits, surfaces, shoes, and props for the 10 days we have scheduled to shoot it.  It has been great fun throughout, despite the overwhelming qualities that are and always have been leaking out all over the place. And this part- the photo shoot- is, for me, the culminating event of the creative work.  I guess the real culminating event will be when I unwrap that first book, but that isn't until next spring, so I'd rather not think about it.  

Debra, my rockin' writin' co-author and I are thrilled with the design/art team- they are the women of our wish list for this stage.  Carolyn Ekhert, the art director behind the beauty of the magazine Wondertime (now defunct...sad) was hired a few weeks ago at Storey (yay!...not sad) and will be designing the book, and she was just as into our first choice of photographers- and managed to get her- Alexandra Grablewski.  It is going to be such a nice book! Pinch me! And then feed me and clean my house!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    Congratulations on getting Alexandra- she is the best and will make every shot look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kimberly! Boy, is this ever in good hands! I haven't ever worked with Alexandra before but her stellar reputation definitely precedes her. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - a book, very exciting!
    Congratulations.
    Can't wait to see it and your fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete